50 hour Yin Yoga Teacher Training with Josh Summers
YogaHub Camden Court
May 1st – May 4th 2020
9am – 5.30pm daily
This Foundations Module is a comprehensive training developed for serious students and teachers interested in learning the core physical aspects of the practice of Yin Yoga.
The 50hr Yin Yoga Teacher Training Foundations Module will include:
- Core principles of Yin Yoga; how to cue postures and educate students safely.
- Practice the core Yin asanas: Backbends, forward bends, lunges, external hip openers, twists, and upper body postures.
- Explore the difference between Aesthetic Alignment and Functional Alignment; how bone variation affects range of motion and alignment considerations.
- Study the anatomy and biomechanics of the spine, pelvis, thigh, knee, and shoulder girdle.
- Principles of tension and compression in asana.
- Learn five essential Yin sequences, with relevant modifications and adjustments.
- Principles of sequencing; target areas and counterposes.
- Investigate the histological structure and function of connective tissue.
- Understand the positive physiological effects of Yin Yoga on the fascia, connective tissue, and joint health.
- The Foundations Module is suitable for those both interested in teaching Yin Yoga or for those who simply wish to deepen their understanding of the practice.
Students will receive a certificate of training which is eligible for Continuing Education Credit (50hrs) with the Yoga Alliance. This Foundations Module is a core module of the Summers School of Yin Yoga 200-hour and 300-hour certification program.
Here’s how the program works:
1. Register for the module.
- Fee (includes manual) €690 early bird, €840 thereafter.
- Early-bird pricing expires 30 days prior to the start date of the training.
Register here Foundations Module – Book Now
You will receive:
- Free access to the online preparatory course (see below)
- 4-day live intensive training module
- In-depth teaching manual
One of the unique features of the Summers School of Yin Yoga is that each of the core Training Modules has an online course component. The online course will prepare you to arrive at the live training with a solid foundation of the theory and practice covered in each module, allowing us to start at a higher level in our time together in the intensive.
Upon registration, you’ll get free lifetime access to the online course (a $125 value).
- You will need to complete the online course, including a short quiz, before attending the live teacher training module. Estimated time to complete the online course: 5-7 hrs.
- You will receive an exclusive access code to the online course via email after signing up (please allow up to a week for processing).
Readings will be assigned during the online and live components of this course.
- Required text: Your Body, Your Yoga by Bernie Clark. It’s not necessary to read this before the training, but this will serve as your ongoing reference book.
- Suggested Text: The Complete Guide to Yin Yoga by Bernie Clark.
Terms and Conditions:
- 25% of the Registration Fee is non-refundable.
- A cancellation of MORE THAN 30 DAYS notice will receive 75% of the Registration Fee refunded.
- A cancellation of LESS THAN 30 DAYS notice will receive 75% of the Registration Fee refunded IF AND ONLY IF you or studio finds a replacement for your spot.
- All Registration Fees are non-transferable.
For any questions regarding this course, please reach out to Elisa at firstname.lastname@example.org
What past attendees have said about this training:
—C.S. (Foundations Student)
Although I felt fully capable to teach Yin after taking Josh’s Foundations Module (and have done so for the last 4 years), I am really happy I decided to re-take it. I found the updated module to be a much more in depth and comprehensive look into the physical aspects, mechanics, and benefits of the yin yoga practice and I believe it will enhance my teaching immensely. Looking forward to taking future modules and the Retreat this Winter 🙂
—P.N. in Boston, MA (Foundations Student)
Josh’s class changed how I approached my practice. What I was getting out of it. What I was bringing to it. How to ditch some attitudes that weren’t helping me. Yes, Josh teaches poses. But more importantly, he invites his students to think about their Yin practice more intelligently, more pragmatically, more approachably and yes… more healthfully. It was good, good stuff.
—S.H. in Michigan (Foundations Student)
Josh Summers has a wonderful teaching methodology and personality. When reviewing various yin teacher training options, I just knew the Yin Yoga Foundations Module with Josh would be the right one for me. It absolutely was – I learned so much more than I ever expected. Josh truly has a gift for presentation and I highly recommend his school and training.
—S.P. (Foundations Student)
Josh is an accomplished facilitator and trainer, deftly navigating group dynamics and complex topics. The format of the in-person training is genius. The informative online course – a prerequisite for attending the in-person training – ensured that all attendees had a basic understanding of the material, allowing us to dive deep into the material. I rate this course 10+ out of 10.