- 1 Red/Yellow Onion
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 500g Peas
- 250g Mushrooms
- Cauliflower/Broccoli Optional
- Handful of Corn
- 1 Kg Potatoes or Sweet Potatoes
- 4 Carrots
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Tsp Cider Vinegar
There are so many ways to make this easy comfort food. With this recipe I tried to think of what most people would have in their kitchen anyway. This recipe can be used as a base and you can add lots of different variations like Vegan Cheese. Violife is quite popular. If you have any questions just post in comments.
- Peel Potatoes and Carrots and slice and boil until soft.
While the potatoes and carrots are boiling
- Heat Frying Pan and pour 2 tbsp of Olive Oil onto pan.
- Cut Onion and fry in olive oil until soft.
- Cut garlic finely and add to onions. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Slice Mushrooms and add with Peas to the mix.
- Add 1 dcl of Water. You can add soya sauce or ketchup here for flavour.
- Add Salt/Pepper to taste.
- Add corn as you stir. Cook till mushrooms are soft and brown.
Switch on Oven and Heat to 200 or Gas Mark 4
- Place all of Mix in a Baking Dish.
- Place Potatoes and Carrots in a Colander and drain.
- Place Potatoes and Carrots back in pot and add 2-4 Tbsp of Olive Oil.
- Add 1 tsp Thyme.
- Mash together until smooth.
- Add Salt & Pepper to taste.
- Add Mash on top of vegetable mix.
- Bake until Mash crust is browned (approx 30 mins)