It’s never been easier to start a Yoga practice with so many tools online and Yoga studios opening up everywhere. If we were to look at even 20 years ago you’d probably have to get to a library in the hope that they’d have one or two books on Yoga and you’d end up analysing the poses by yourself with no instruction or guidance.
Well we’re now in the information age and it has never been easier to find anything and everything on the web about well anything including Yoga. Nowadays the problem is that we have way too much choice. The options below are all a great place to start. So just pick one, get on a mat and get going!
- YogaGlo Based in Los Angeles, California YogaGlo is an Online Yoga Studio Concept home to some of LA’s best Yoga Teachers. The first 15 days is Free so it really has never been easier to begin Yoga from anywhere.
- MyYogaOnline I think this was the world’s first online subscription based Yoga site. It definitely has the largest bank of videos with some of the highest regarded teachers in the world. It’s only 99cents for the 1st Month so a great place to start.
- Ekhart Yoga The 1st European version of online Yoga studios started by Esther Ekhart. An ever growing bank of video tutorials by a wide range of teachers. The 1st Month trial is €1
- Cody App Offers lots of different fitness videos. It differs from the subscription sites above by the fact that you buy bundles of videos by specific teachers that you like and you are not committed to a subscription.
- YouTube Of course you could always just go on to youtube and search for ‘Yoga for Beginners’. You could spend time getting lost in the volumes of content whereas the online subscription sites above are a one stop shop pretty much with a pick of the best teachers from around the globe.
- Your Local Yoga Studio You really can’t beat the real thing. My parents live in a pretty remote location in the west of Ireland (15 minutes drive to the nearest main road) and even they have a Yoga studio not too far from there house. No matter how much the internet improves it will never come close to being in a room with an experienced teacher receiving guidance and face to face teaching. And if you’re apprehensive about being the worst in the room or any of that? I can assure you you will never be the only beginner in any class and even if you are nobody cares about the fact that you are a beginner other than you. So get on with it! Everyone was a beginner once. It’s good for you and your mind, your body and your soul will thank you for it 😉