Whether the end of the year for you means planning and preparing for celebrations, or if it’s simply a time to wind things down, it’s always good to check your to-do list and see where you can add mindful practices.
- Be present. If a lot of your energy is focused on purchasing presents, take time to Be Present too.
- Reach out. Whichever way you spend your winter months, it’s always a good time at the turning of the year to connect with friends and family that you may not often see. Just a little Hello and I’m Thinking Of You can really brighten someone’s winter.
- Give hugs. Stay warm and wrap your arms around those you love!
- Be open. The end of the year, and the beginning of a new one, can often bring unexpected surprises. Let yourself be open to life’s gifts that you don’t know are on their way.
- Show love. Love can show itself in so many ways. It may be through a smile, a moment, or even just a listening ear. Notice where compassion and gratitude can be found in obvious, but also the unexpected places.